At Push Doctor the QA team is a core part of Engineering. We are a small discipline, but we are heavily involved in the design and delivery of every feature developed as part of the squads we work in. We work as highly collaborative teams (squads) comprising of engineers, testers, UX designers and product owners. We also recognise that robots are the future and so we need to have the latest tools at our fingertips to be successful. We love test automation at Push Doctor and we hope to automate as much as possible in order to achieve fast and efficient delivery of features to production and to help us scale. Therefore, we expect you to have an engineering mindset and to be passionate about software quality and be an advocate for quality across the entire business.
Who we’re looking for:First of all we are looking for someone that will actively contribute to the overall success of the company. This is the perfect opportunity for you to step up to the plate, take ownership of this key role and showcase your capabilities within a small and rapidly growing company.
Push Doctor Values
We are curious, caring and passionate. We have experienced healthcare ourselves and use research and insight to understand the aspects of healthcare we have yet to experience. Whenever empathy seems out of reach, we are proactive in bringing it into focus.
We carve the path for others to follow, setting industry standards and transforming healthcare for the better. We are anything but new to this and have so much to be proud of. Together, we are unstoppable.
Everything we do should add value to our service. We optimise and occasionally overhaul every aspect of the experience we provide, challenging expectations of what health can (and should) be. This isn’t something that happens overnight, so we need to be resilient and never lose faith.
You’re an experienced Lead QA Analyst and an expert in your competence with a significant practical experience. You will lead members of the QA team, ensuring that the software delivered is of the highest quality. Your prime responsibility will be establishing the technical strategy for quality across Push Doctor within Engineering. You will be an advocate for continuous and automated testing and be able to lead by example as we scale the product and teams across multiple sites.
As QA lead will be expected to:
- Lead on the creation of test framework(s) from scratch.
- Have strong problem solving skills, ability to think ahead, with good eye for detail and routing out / searching those dark corners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Mentoring testers and pairing with engineers
- Experience with automated testing and integrating into a continuous integration dev environment
- Experience working in a Cross functional team
- Experience with testing responsive design websites, both on desktop and mobile platforms like IOS and Android
- Knowledge of Visual Studio Team Services, Git, basic SQL queries , Android studio, Testflight
- Experience in non-functional load/stress, performance, security, Cross browser, operational , Cross device, usability
- Formal software testing certification, e.g. ISTQB, ISEB or equivalent is preferred
- ensure that high value is achieved from Test automation relative to the investment made.
- evaluate existing solutions and build new tools to support delivery
- find solutions when issues arise or when change is required.
- create and manage our test data, stubs and harnesses.
- work with other disciplines to integrate components into systems.
- champion quality continually improve team processes and ensure it adheres to overall Test Strategy.
- keep up to date developments and best practices within development, testing and digital health.
Are you the right candidate?
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- 5+ years of experience in a SEiT/DiT role with focus on delivering quality and at least 3 years of experience in a similar lead role, leading multiple teams and complex projects
- Experience of coaching and mentoring
- Good understanding of building and testing Platform / Web / Mobile applications at scale
- Excellent development skills and experience building high quality software. A good level of proficiency in an least 1 programming languages (e.g. C#)
- Experience writing unit and integration tests
- Distributed source control experience (e.g. Git)
- Experience with CI / CD Pipelines and tools
- Experience in non-functional test tools such as load/stress, performance, security, etc.
- Experience of Agile working environments, pairing and working within a collaborative team
- Experience with performance optimisation tools
- Competence in translating product requirements into technical solutions
- Experience in building and improving automated test frameworks.
- Experience in creating automated tests within a Continuous Integration environment e.g. Azure DevOps, Jenkins, AWS CodeBuild, Go CD, BitRise
- You are experienced with Cloud Native solutions deployed to AWS, Azure
- Experience of using network tools, e.g. Wireshark, Charles
- Experience of test and issue management tools e.g. Jira
- Competitive Salary
- Free Push Doctor for you and your family
- In house gym
- Free snacks / food / drinks / fruit in the office
- Flexible working
- Life Insurance
All Push Doctor roles are subject to a DBS check in line with safer recruitment standards